There’s no arguing it, she’s 100% the best at baking homemade bread. Sometimes, if we’re lucky, she calls on Sunday morning and says “Come for lunch, I’m making soup and fresh buns!”

We all squeal with delight and skip breakfast. (I mean, I DO!)

Me, on the other hand? It’s not one of my skills. She’s handed down her recipe to me, tried to teach me, gave up teaching me, then taught my husband instead.

We’ve all decided that mom’s bread recipe will live on with Kevin. I am just not good! Haha

This white bread machine recipe is so easy and tasty! You'll love it cause it's healthy and perfect for sandwiches and toast alike!

INGREDIENTS:

  • 1 3/4-2 cups warm water
  • 1 1/2 tsp sweetener , - I've used honey, organic cane sugar, agave, maple syrup
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2-3 tbsp oil - coconut, olive, canola - whatever you have on hand
  • 4 cups all purpose flour - SEE NOTES ON FLOUR!
  • 2 tsp bread machine yeast


INSTRUCTIONS:

  1. Add all ingredients into bread maker pan, in that order, being sure to sprinkle the yeast on top.
  2. Set to bake, or bake sandwich - whatever you like.
  3. Walk away. Drink a coffee, read a book, watch Netflix.
  4. When bread machine beeps done, remove loaf pan and turn out onto a tea towel. Stand your loaf upright and allow to cool at least for a bit before you dive in!


NOTES:
* This bread recipe makes a 2 LB loaf. Please double check that your bread machine has a 2 LB capacity before making this recipe!

*When measuring flour, I use the scoop and level method - Using a flour scoop to fill a measuring cup, then level with the back of a knife. Don't sift the flour first! Consistent measuring is definitely important in consistency between loaf to loaf!

*I've edited the amount of water in this recipe from 2 cups to 1 3/4 to 2 cups. I've gotten some feedback that this results in a pretty wet dough, I've not had that problem in either of my bread machines, which likely due to the protein level of everyone's flour. Please check the notes above in the "A Word On Flour" section OR start with the lesser amount of water and keep an eye on the bread as it mixes and you'll know if you need more.

Source This Article